Swingers in bronson florida Swingers in bronson florida Register Login Contact Us

Women seeking men near Blooming Glen Pennsylvania


Online: Yesterday


In town on business seeking NSA with sexy female m4w lesbian brown hair and eyes.

Relationship Status:Newlyweds
Seeking:Looking Hookers
Relation Type:Nsa Post Holiday Anal

Women seeking men near Blooming Glen Pennsylvania

Beautiful Women Seeking Sex Tonight Hollywood

Get togethers prefferred can do limited nights with notice. I'm 5' 6 with a nice, shapely figure, dark blond long shaggy hair, and blue-green Women seeking men near Blooming Glen Pennsylvania that you can get lost in. I'm friendly.

House Party Tonight. Well I am a 22 year old male seeking for a women to put a strap on and pound my boobies Ive never done this before but felt like giving it a try seeking for some under 35 Please be DD free. REAL LADIES ONLY, please; I WILL NOT sign up or register for, or subscribe to, anything. I like going down on a nice clean lady and will spend as much time down there as is necessary to give you all the pleasure you can stand. I can host if needed or travel to your place if you don't live far from Wallingford.


Proportionate I'm a Leo, food service worker some one with a sense of humor likes to take walks and quiet evenings. Normal I'm a Capricorn, rn What does everyone do for fun around here? I can be cute Body: Curvy, baby, I'm curvy! Physiques don't count I'm a Sagittarius, self emp Life is to short to waste. Very good looks Body: Toned, I keep fit I'm a Libra, presently unemployed i love to sing at karoake dance and read novels and write poetry.

Kinda skinny I'm a Gemini, Own my own business I'm very outgoing,funny,love to have fun! I live my women!! Normal I'm a Libra, Programmer I wanna find him if he's out there. Someone who can be as honest as I can.

There has to be attraction so looks kinda matter My Physique, what do you think? I'm modest about my physique I'm a Aquarius, Self Employed No nonsense person looking for the same no nonsense person living within mile of me only. Search other cities for hot women looking for sex and dating: If you are searching for women seeking men and looking to hookup in Pocono lake, sign up today.

BoM is unlike any other Pocono lake date site in that it provides a fun environment online and on your mobile phone. If you want to start meeting adults for sex dating or to find love in your area, sign up on BoM today!

MAM , Woman, 53 Looks: Near Pocono lake in tobyhanna. I'm a Aquarius So where are we hanging out Near Pocono lake in mount pocono. Near Pocono lake in effort. Near Pocono lake in kresgeville. Near Pocono lake in white haven. I'm a Taurus In town for 4 hours, lets make most of it Near Pocono lake in tannersville.

Near Pocono lake in kunkletown.


Archives - art-stroj.com

Six months later on November 10, , the company finally reached its destination in California with ten men and three wagons, due to the other men venturing off alone or joining other groups. The names of the others who may have returned are unknown. Helble and Brendle were listed among the remaining ten men in The La Grange Company at the end of their trip.

Laferre was not listed, so undoubtedly, he was one of those who left the group somewhere along the route. It seems that Helble and Brendle, who left their families for up to four years, were not as successful with their gold-seeking adventures as Laferre, who came back to Texas with a sizeable fortune within two years.

Jacob Laferre of French descent was born in in Bavaria, Germany. He immigrated to the U. It is quite possible that since both ladies were 19 years old, they could have been twin sisters. They had four children together: Jake , born in , who married Louise Stoecker; Charles A. Caroline Laferre died in , perhaps after the birth of Adolf. Laferre married his third wife, Fredericke Kaase, in Deed records show that Laferre purchased and sold multiple tracts of land in the areas around Ross Prairie, Ellinger, Fayetteville, Biegel and Rutersville, as well as along Cummins Creek east of Fayetteville.

Family tradition states that he concealed his money for a long while after returning from California, but records show that he was a money lender for a large number of people who were wanting to purchase land, but who had insufficient funds.

One of his tracts of land at Ross Prairie was sold to Henry Eilers, who established a cemetery on this land for his family. Laferre and his family continued to live on a nearby farm. When Frederike Laferre died in , she was buried in the Eilers Cemetery. Jacob Laferre died at age 77 on August 26, and was buried next to Frederike. Obviously, his success in the gold fields of California had a ripple effect for his family, friends and acquaintances, all of whom benefitted from his good fortune and generosity.

Fayette County's rural carriers have traveled "on the route" for nearly years. In the early days, before Texas was annexed to the United States, post-riders carried mail between San Antonio and the viceroy of Spain in Mexico City. Mail carriers were mostly Indian runners, weather-hardened men of great physical endurance. Mail bound for points other than Mexico was carried horseback from Texas to Louisiana or Mississippi, then forwarded to its destination in the States. The first regular postal system for Texas was inaugurated in December , during the Presidency of General Sam Houston.

But the Republic had no finances to adequately establish the system. The first Congress of Texas authorized the postmaster general to solicit funds from the public, and mail carriers were often paid in land.

Financial worries were not the only drawback to the early postal system. Bad roads, few bridges, and highwaymen lurking in out-of-the-way places posed enormous problems to the carrier. After entering the Union in , Texas was partly relieved of the responsibility of mail delivery when the state postal system became part of the national system.

Longer routes were established, and much of the mail was carried in stagecoaches. Around the turn of the century, the federal post office began experimenting with a mail delivery system with shorter routes, a system that could greatly benefit people living in the country.

To alleviate the problem, and to make mail accommodations as complete as possible, the federal government established several test routes to determine the feasibility of a rural delivery system. As the Journal shared with readers, "the authorities have thought favorable enough of this community to make it one of the experimental stations.

The route entailed twenty-three miles of travel in Fayette County and served about people. Laid out by the national post office department in Washington, the route went as follows: Kirk's place about three miles; thence south between Jos. Henry Cremer was the contractor, and Ernst Prilop served as the postmaster at the Cedar Post Office when the rural route was established.

According to a January report in The Texas Carrier, the "first rural route" question was raised in , when Hillsboro also claimed the honor. The question was aired in several daily newspapers, including the Dallas News. After much debate, and with the assistance of State officials, a marker was granted to commemorate and permanently mark this location, thus settling the issue.

Since it was a state incident and not a national one, the marker could not be erected on Post Office grounds. So the City of La Grange granted permission for its location on a site adjacent to the post office, on land that was not officially U.

Etched in a brass plate mounted on red granite, the marker proclaiming "The First U. A large number of citizens from La Grange and across Texas attended, as well as the 57 post offices in District No. Giese, the Rural Letter Carriers president, and mail carrier Chas. Albrecht organized the event. A similar celebration was held on August 2, to commemorate the year anniversary of the Texas Rural Route System.

A unique cancellation device, designed by local artist Sally Maxwell, was used on that date for outgoing mail. Linda Kossa, a La Grange post office employee, worked from an antique window in a special model post office brought in from Gonzalez for the occasion. Formal ceremonies held on the Fayette County Courthouse square attracted many local citizens and dignitaries, as well as guests from across the state and nation.

During the anniversary celebration, Fayette County Judge Ed Janecka remarked on the importance of the rural mail system, noting that its establishment was instrumental in developing Texas. Certainly, throughout its century-long history, it has proven to be a tremendous benefit to people living in the country. And though the routes are different and the mode of transportation has changed, today's rural mail carriers continue to "make mail accommodations as complete as possible.

A New York post office opened in with the declaration that "neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. Indeed, that rural carrier and poet from the South, writing many years ago, echoed the sentiment, and no doubt Fayette County's mail carriers throughout the century understood.

He was also a descendant of David Crockett of the Alamo fame. His father was a Methodist minister, and his mother was a niece of David Crockett.

At the age of 18 months, he was brought to Fayette County where he received his schooling. After graduation, he went to Goliad County, where he worked as a cowboy until he was 25 years old. He then became a clerk in the J. Harrison General Merchandise Store in Flatonia. During his leisure hours, he studied law and courted Miss Alma Harrison, the daughter of his employer. They were married on December 29, and had a daughter, who died in Houston about , and an adopted son.

Lane was admitted to the Texas bar in He practiced law for several years in Flatonia and then later associated himself in La Grange with R. From to , Lane served in the state senate. While in the senate, he was named as a director of the First National Bank which was founded in He also became very active in business ventures. He was a member of the Democratic party and served as chairman of its state convention in Lane held only one political office in his life…. His judgement on party matters was trusted by practically all the political leaders of the state.

Honorary pallbearers included Gov. Hobby, and several judges. He inherited the traits of courage and devotion to which he conceived to be the right from a father who amid the early settlements of a new county consecrated himself to the service of God and his fellow man.

The Latins were a group of young people who lived in and around the Bluff area of Fayette County during the time period. They were so named because of their education and cultural background. They had emigrated from the small principalities of Central Europe in order to give their children better opportunities. These people hoped to find in Texas the democracy and freedom that had been denied them in Europe.

Many of the Latins were political refugees who had taken part in the republican revolution of The Latins were proud of their culture and education and often found it difficult to adjust to their new rural surroundings. One young woman wrote to a friend in Europe complaining that there was little mental stimulation in the daily life on a farm.

She wrote that each day suffered from "eternal sameness" and was "painfully monotonous. It was one of the first literary societies in Texas. The society published a journal featuring literary contributions from its members.

The journal was named the "Prairie Blume" because the prairie flower symbolized prose and poetry. The young Latins anxiously awaited every meeting of the society. It was nothing for them to ride fourteen miles on horseback just to attend one of the meetings. They were much more formal than is customary today. Julius Willrich would often ride to a member's garden gate and invite them to the next meeting with these words: At meetings intellectual games were often played followed by a flute solo or a violin concerto.

The young Latins discussed many subjects including the political and social conditions in the world. They would often spend hours philosophizing over books they had read or writing down these thoughts to contribute to the next issue of the journal.

Today some copies of the "Prairie Blume" still exist. At the outbreak of the Civil War the activities of the organization declined as many members joined the military. After a few more years the society was discontinued entirely. Having had a great aunt and uncle, who lived here in Fayette County during a time when others had advanced to a lifestyle of modern conveniences, I was given the opportunity to witness a lifestyle of the 19th century, because they chose to remain in a time warp.

Since no detergents were readily available for laundry, scrubbing floors or doing dishes, homemade soap had to be made prior to doing any cleaning chores. Until lye balls or canned lye was available, my aunt first had to make lye by putting ashes from the wood stove and heater into a barrel and adding water.

The ashes would settle to the bottom of the barrel, and in a few days, there would be strong lye water, which would be cooked with lard or bacon skins in a large iron wash pot. A chemical reaction would take place, turning the ingredients into a strong, smelly, unattractive-appearing soap that was cut into chunks.

Doing the laundry was an all-day job. Wet soap was rubbed onto their soiled clothing, which was then rubbed on a scrub board before being placed into a large wash pot that was placed over a fire.

The wash pot had to be filled with bucket after bucket of water carried from the well. The clothes in the wash pot were agitated with a large wooden paddle until my great aunt thought that the clothes were clean.

She would then remove the clothing with the paddle and rinse them in clear water in a washtub. Sometimes the white clothing was rinsed a second time in water with Mrs. The clothing was then wrung out by hand and hung on a clothesline to dry. Handling bed sheets and heavy clothing was quite a chore. Everyday work clothing had to be made with heavy duty fabric in order to withstand the harsh soap, scrubbing and boiling water that were necessary to get them clean.

Sunday clothing was washed infrequently. Usually, they were spot cleaned and hung up to air out. There were no dry cleaners for non-washable fabrics, nor would they have spent the money for such frivolities. His dress shirts were washed perhaps after every second or third wearing. Their first electric wringer-style washing machine was purchased after they obtained rural electricity. Prior to electricity, earlier styles utilized kerosene to run their motors, but my great aunt and uncle never owned one of those machines.

Ironing was another all-day chore. They were placed on top of the wood stove to get hot, so it was beneficial to have two irons in order to have one hot iron to work with while the other was re-heating. Later they had hollow irons, so that hot coals could be placed inside. All of these irons were very heavy and were never reliable insofar as how hot or cool they were.

Oftentimes, these irons left spots of soot on their clothing, which created more work for my great-aunt. Laundry and ironing practices have changed drastically through the years.

Fortunately, I still have a couple of old scrub boards and irons in my possession to remind me that I should never complain about having to press a few items of clothing after removing them from my clothes dryer that has a wrinkle-free cycle. On the 8th instant a rowdy of the neighborhood passes through the camp of the company and deliberately shot off his revolver among the soldiers, fortunately doing no damage, he put spurs to his horse and succeeded in making his escape, although the men fired their guns after him.

Refusing to surrender the troops fired a volley at him, and think him killed, although he and his horse disappeared in the brush, and night prevented further pursuit.

There have been seven murders committed in Round Top within the past twelve months, all owing to the fact that the civil authorities are impotent against a few lawless vagabonds. We believe the above to be true, because it accords with explanations given at headquarters of the frequent escape of these outlaws. Red tape so binds our military that with thousands of revelers rusting in the arsenals and cords of carbines, our soldiers cannot get hold of them, but must borrow from citizens when going into a fight.

Imagine a scene like the above and then think how inexpressibly funny it must be to see soldiers running to all the corner for groceries for weapons, because a fight is on hand. Horses innumerable scour the plains of Texas and yet soldiers ride borrowed nags--this red tap, this is system, this is downright nonsense.

We have no patience with this way of doing business. In these days of emancipation, we ought to emancipate our offers from the bondage of red tape. During the second year of the Republic of Texas, Fayette County was created out of Bastrop and Colorado Counties on December 14, and officially organized in January of But beginning in , some seventeen years prior to that, the land that would make up Fayette County was a part of Stephen F.

Austin's first colony, granted in early by the Spanish Governor of Texas. Austin had been given the right to settle three-hundred Anglo-American families in Texas, and almost immediately the first of those settlers began arriving to lay claim to land, mostly along the Colorado and Brazos Rivers.

Then in , after only about one hundred of those families had arrived in Texas, the Mexican Revolution successfully overthrew the rule of Spain. Suddenly Austin's colony was in jeopardy and he was forced to leave Texas and travel to Mexico City to convince the new Mexican government to approve his grant of land. While Austin was in Mexico City for over 16 months in and , his first settlers were not finding Texas a very hospitable land.

A crop failure and increased problems with various tribes of Indians seriously threatened the success of the venture. There were also no Mexican Army troops in Texas to help guard against increasing instances of theft, intimidation and the attack on the few settlers by hostile Indians. New immigration into Austin's colony stopped. Luckily for all concerned, the Mexican Governor of Texas, Jose Felix Trespalacios, recognized the delicate balance between success and failure of the colony.

As a result, Governor Trespalacios sent Baron De Bastrop to the settlements on the Colorado River in December of , authorizing the settlers to organize a militia command to defend against hostile Indians and also elect two alcaldes, or Justices of the Peace. One of those magistrates was elected in the "Colorado District" and the other in the "Brazos District" to rule on civil and criminal matters. The Colorado District was the first governing body organized in what would eventually include Fayette and Colorado counties.

When taken with other records, it is confirmed that a constable, not a ranger, a marshal or a sheriff was the first lawman in Anglo-American Texas, and that the attitude of "a few" toward this office has not changed in almost years. In , the family moved to Texas and settled with a large number of slaves near the site of present-day Victoria.

Four years later, the Ledbetter family moved to Fayette County and established a small plantation there. William, the third of nine children, was educated in Fayette and Washington counties and began to study law in He was admitted to the bar in and set up a lucrative practice in La Grange, the seat of Fayette County. In he was commissioned a lieutenant in Company I of Col. Flournoy's Sixteenth Confederate Texas Infantry. In he was captured by Union forces at the battle of Pleasant Hill; he was freed in an exchange shortly thereafter.

Later that year, having been mustered out of the Confederate Army, he went to Austin as a representative in the lower house of the Tenth Legislature. He returned to Fayette County in , nearly bankrupt as a result of losing twenty slaves and a good deal of valuable property in the war.

He once again took up the practice of law and in was elected as a Democrat to the Texas Senate, where he served until He thereafter served several terms as mayor of La Grange.

Ledbetter was one of the most prominent citizens of Fayette County. Ledbetter was married twice. William Ledbetter was found dead on April 24, , in his home in La Grange by his wife upon her return from a trip to Virginia. His family had been away from home and he been taking his meals at the hotel in La Grange.

He had also been out and about the day before he passed away. Death was believed to result from heart failure. It is this man that town of Ledbetter, Texas is named after.

Generosity and appreciation are two qualities which have always been abundant in American soldiers as they served around the world in various wars and police actions. Lev of Praha, Texas was no exception. Private Lev was twenty-six years old when he was a soldier serving in New Guinea. He was shot in the stomach by a Japanese sniper in late July, As he lay dying, Lev begged a soldier friend of his to write his parents a letter regarding his last will.

He wanted all the money that was his life saving to be given to the missionaries in New Guinea. Lev had personally been witness to the hard work and extreme conditions under which the missionaries worked. The letter received at the headquarters of the mission in Illinois was from the Reverend John Anders.

The letter explained that Private Lev had always had a great interest in foreign missions and was an ardent supporter of their work. Private Lev has a marker in the cemetery at Praha. The marker states that he was killed in action on Luzon Island. Luzon is an island in the Philippine archipelago.

This is several hundred miles from New Guinea. This cemetery is located on the east coast of the Huon Peninsula, approximately 50 miles north of Port Moresby, New Guinea. Robison was the first to represent this district in the First Congress that convened at Columbia, on the Brazos, in the latter part of and in February, He had just returned home when he and his brother, Walter Robison, were both on their way to see a gentleman on business and were killed by the Indians on Commings Cummins Creek.

The same day Mr. Spalding, who married the young lady. Moore, had the pleasure of guarding the captured Santa Anna. He was the first justice of the peace commissioned in the county. Monroe Hill of Fayetteville; I. Hill of Round Top; Col. Robison of Warrenton; and John E. Lewis of La Grange. Cars commenced running to that place on the first of January, last It is a two-story building and very convenient for businessmen.

Bradshaw, Holloway and Bryan, and is edited by the able editor, Lewis R. The Journal is a weekly newspaper…. It is a splendid forty column paper, well supported.

After graduating from the University of Virginia, he moved to Hopkinsville, Kentucky where he studied law. After practicing law a short time, he moved to Princeton, Kentucky and taught school.

In , at the age of 54, Lindsay moved to Texas and began practicing law in La Grange. The move was not centered around his career, but rather because he intended to join his daughter there. The society was organized to aid families whose fathers and sons had left their farms and homes to go fight during the Civil War.

Lindsay had a son-in-law Ben Shropshire who was fighting in the war. Shropshire later became known as a popular Confederate hero. While in La Grange, Lindsay had a clash with a townsman. One August morning at about 9: Brown in front of G.

The ordeal must not have had much of an impact on his reputation. He was appointed an associate justice of the Texas Supreme Court about a month later. After the war in , US military authorities replaced the current members of the Texas Justices of the Supreme Court who had been Confederate supporters of secession and were considered hindrances to reconstruction with justices that would adhere more to the needs and orders of the U.

Lindsay was appointed as one of these new justices on September 10, by the occupying Union forces because of his moderate views and general dislike for slavery.

Together, these justices formed a Military Court of justices in Texas during the Reconstruction era. At that time, the area was occupied by federal troops, but there were many confrontations between the troops and the ex-Confederate soldiers of Fayette County. It was at about this time fall of that the Yellow Fever epidemic hit La Grange. Livingston himself was affected; several of his family members contracted the disease. His concern can be seen in his letter written to Governor Pease in October of Our mutual friend, Dr.

Evans, and his daughter, very unexpectedly to me, and to my great surprise, from the report I had heard of their cases, both departed this life last night, and will be buried to day. The Epidemic has not abated here, so far as there are subjects left for its actions. I have three new cases, in the past thirty-six hours, in my own family. Whether they will be fatal, or not, I cannot judge, till further developments. This leaves only two in my family yet to have it -- a grand child and a servant.

I don't know certainly -- but it does appear to me that this favor [sic] has proved more fatal here -- than it has ever been anywhere in the South, or even in the West Indies.

Just to think of it -- one hundred and seventy deaths, in a period of a little over four weeks, in a population, all told, of not more than , when all the re-sidents were at home; and during the Epidemic, more than half; yea, I believe, two-thirds of the population, had fled their homes!

I trust the malady has nearly spent its force, and our afflicted people may soon be relieved from this awful visitation. With my best wishes for your health and happiness,. I am almost worn down with care and nursing, and I am fearful I shall not be able to reach Austin as early as I anticipated. But, as soon as I can come, in justice to those dependent upon me, I will come. The Yellow Fever disease first hit Galveston repeatedly, but in the fall of , it came inland, wrecking more havoc.

The disease could strike quickly too; a person could be healthy one day and then dead three days later. In La Grange, people died so quickly that the funeral homes had no room to store the bodies. Sometimes they were piled inside the cemetery grounds where they were later buried in large, circular shaped mass graves. However, there were instances in which Lindsay stayed conservative.

Southwestern Historical Quarterly explains a case involving the selling of slaves in in which Lindsay allowed the sale of slaves despite the arrival of the Emancipation Proclamation in Texas in June of Generally though, Lindsay was against slavery. It is noted that in , local Fayette County blacks marched military style and with arms into La Grange to vote.

Their response to those asking why they came this way with weapons was that Lindsay had warned them it would be needed for their protection. Lindsay was one of the more moderate members of the Constitutional Convention when he attended it from Lindsay served on the Texas Supreme Court as a justice until when the court was reorganized and the number of judges was reduced from five to three.

Lindsay was a member and Senior Warden of St. He also served as Fayette County Attorney in the s. Henry Charles Loehr was born Jan 30 , in the Bluff community.

As a 16 yr old, he rode a freight train to the state of Illinois. There, Henry attending the Weltner School of Healing and supported himself by working on a farm growing corn. After graduation, he returned home. He worked on the family farm for a while and courted Anna Hausmann. Henry then traveled to West Texas, settled near San Angelo and engaged in sheep farming.

One year later, he returned home to claim his bride, Anna, whom he married in He took his new bride and returned to West Texas. The couple was blessed with one son, Robert, born in in Irion County. After several more years of ranching, Henry decided to return to La Grange. His success in the sheep industry allowed Henry to rent a complete train to relocate his homestead.

In one railroad car, he put all his sheep, and another he loaded with his horses, buggy and wagon. A third car was filled with his household items and supplies. Henry, Anna and Robert enjoyed the ride in a Pullman car all to themselves. They arrived at the La Grange stock pens, and were met by Anna's brother, Louis. He quickly resumed his ranching business, where Henry, an expert with a rope, was known by all as "Being Born in the Saddle.

Henry's reputation as a faith healer took root. From ledgers handed down through the family, the clientele list was very large. His healing was much like acupuncture and chiropractic medicine. Patients would come from miles around and wait their turn sitting on his front porch, to receive healing.

He was strong in his convictions and stressed daily to all his patients that "all healing came directly from God. He also gave "absent" treatments, whereby he would sit and meditate on a patient who might not be able to come to him for treatment. He healed people for over 40 years until his death.

Loehr had a very gentle nature, but was stern in idealistic values. He was in love with nature and went to all means to protect it and taught his son, Robert, to do the same. Henry died in and Anna died on June 3, Both are buried with the Loehr family members at Williams Creek Cemetery. The home in which he practice is still located on the bluff and is owned by the Lloyd G.

Loehr family and is being restored to its original state as much as possible. You've heard of people being in the wrong place at the wrong time. A travelling couple's stop to rest at Carmine in could have cost them their lives at the hands of local law enforcement. It had all started with an attempted robbery at the Round Top State Bank. Very early on the previous Saturday morning, A. Krause, who lived across the street from the Round Top bank, was awakened by the steady noise of a hammer coming from the direction of the bank.

He tried to call Sheriff Will Loessin in La Grange, but no one was awake to make the connections for the call. He then began firing his shotgun to rouse his neighbors and three men were seen running toward their car, leaving their pliers, crowbars, etc. They had entered through the back door and had been attempting to dig through the seven-layer brick wall of the bank vault.

The sheriff was finally reached by telephone "in a round about way" and found fingerprints and other clues, but did not catch the culprits. This set the scene for what happened in Carmine the following Friday morning. Local newspapers differed on whether the couple had traveled from Illinois or Indiana, but on Thursday evening, November 13, Mr. Day, a traveling salesman, and his wife, Doris, were en route from Houston to Austin.

A storm was approaching and Mr. Day stopped at Carmine to rest. Parking near a filling station seemed like a safe place to spend the night, so Mrs.

Day took the rear seat while Mr. Day slept on the front seat. The storm came through after midnight, accompanied by lightning that struck a wire leading to the burglar alarm in the Carmine State Bank. Sheriff Will Loessin was alerted and, with Deputy T. Flournoy, sped over to Carmine where they noticed the out-of-state license plates on the parked Day automobile. Sheriff Loessin approached the auto and demanded that any occupants get out.

The travelers were awake by this time and, while trying to sit up, Mr. Day accidently set off his car horn. Having just dealt with the attempted robbery in Round Top, the sheriff thought Mr. Day was signaling accomplices. He opened fire on the car, hitting the wife with buckshot in the back and hip as she rose from her prone position. Much to Sheriff Will's distress, her wounds were serious enough to summon an ambulance to take her to La Grange.

Surgery was performed and a week later she was still recuperating in the hospital, while the embarrassing story made the rounds in area newspapers. The episode was just a false alarm, but the Carmine bank was indeed robbed in , in , and again in On April 16, , "Commissioners' court met in special session Monday morning, having several important matters to be acted upon and without much delay set to work. Unanimous was the decision of the members to buy a modern machine gun for the sheriff's department.

This will enable the sheriff and his deputies to cope with the situation, should it materialize, when bandits invade a section and drive all opposition before them because of their machine gun fire. Apparently the procurement processes in were a lot more streamlined than today because three weeks later in the May 3 edition of the journal this article appeared:.

All had to take a look at the fast repeater, and see how it "worked. The Journal desires not to be funny, in mentioning this, but Jim did not notice what several others noticed. Out in the street, and standing near to an automobile, was a salesman, he had probably placed some groceries in the vehicle. When he saw the machine gun pointed directly at his body, and Jim Flourney wafting it from sided to side, this salesman became nervous.

Maybe it will not have to be put to use, can't say; but, the reader will remember the remark of the old woodsman who had neglect a part of his raiment: Nellie was born in La Grange one hundred twenty-five years ago on September 25, to Mr. Lane, a Methodist preacher and farmer who later became a Flatonia merchant. Jonathan Lane served two terms as a state senator, while his brother, Charles E. Lane, served two terms as a state representative.

Mann, a native of Illinois, married in and made their home in La Grange. A daughter, Vivian, was born in and then Nellie arrived two years later. She was described as a bright and merry child, both lovely and loving. On the Christmas Eve that she was five years old, Nellie, her sister, and another little girl were playing near a fireplace in her home on South Main Street when her clothing caught fire.

Her mother heard her screams and rushed in and wrapped her in a foot mat to extinguish the flames, but Nellie's back had been burned raw and part of her hair was burned to her scalp. Local newspapers reported the accident and, for a while, it looked as though she would recover, but on Monday night, January 3rd, , Nellie passed away at her home.

According to The Journal , the sad words, "Nellie is dead," passed from lip to lip. She was laid to rest in the Old City Cemetery the following day. Nellie's heartbroken parents had a fanciful gazebo-like structure built over her grave. Reichert told me that it had curtains that were drawn on stormy nights, because little Nellie was afraid of storms. Its corner posts held shelves for small toys that might amuse her.

A younger brother, Roy, was born in , but the family was soon split even further apart. Though the couple remained married, Ridie moved with her children to Houston where she lived for the rest of her life.

Adam Mann stayed in La Grange, boarding in other people's homes as he served Fayette County as deputy county clerk and then deputy tax collector. Mann died in and his wife passed away in Archived from the original on February 3, Archived from the original on December 14, Archived from the original on September 27, A timeline of events".

Retrieved July 24, Archived from the original on May 23, Archived from the original on December 31, Retrieved November 28, Retrieved November 22, Archived from the original on May 9, Courthouse bomb was simple, but deadly". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on December 13, Archived from the original on March 18, Archived from the original on August 21, Archived from the original on March 26, Archived from the original on March 4, Archived from the original on September 1, Archived from the original on November 29, Archived from the original on May 3, Retrieved May 2, Archived from the original on May 24, Retrieved 24 May Archived from the original on March 6, Retrieved January 29, Archived from the original on November 13, Retrieved November 5, Archived from the original on November 9, Retrieved November 27, Backpack Bomber Kevin Harpham Sentenced".

Office of Public Affairs. Archived from the original on February 9, Retrieved February 10, Archived from the original on August 11, Archived from the original on September 29, Archived from the original on October 10, Archived from the original on April 22, Russia, US to step up counter-terrorism cooperation Reuters". Archived from the original on November 22, Archived from the original on April 25, Archived from the original on December 12, Seattle man charged with killing 4 was on terrorism watch list".

Archived from the original on September 28, Sony 'made a mistake' - CNN. Archived from the original on February 1, Retrieved February 6, Archived from the original on December 24, Archived from the original on December 21, Archived from the original on December 19, Jeffrey June 3, Boston terror suspect planned knife attacks on 'boys in blue ' ".

Archived from the original on February 8, Retrieved February 2, Archived from the original on July 16, Retrieved July 16, Archived from the original on March 19, Retrieved March 17, Archived from the original on December 2, Archived from the original on December 3, Archived from the original on September 23, Archived from the original on February 28, Archived from the original on June 12, Archived from the original on June 13, Retrieved November 30, Extremism apparent influence in St.

Cloud stabbing suspect a 'soldier of the Islamic State ' ". Archived from the original on January 5, Archived from the original on September 19, Retrieved September 19, Archived from the original on September 21, Retrieved September 21, Archived from the original on November 30, Retrieved November 29, New York Daily News.

Archived from the original on March 23, Retrieved March 23, Archived from the original on August 14, Archived from the original on October 22, Archived from the original on March 27, Archived from the original on January 12, Archived from the original on September 17, Archived from the original on October 12, Shoichet April 13, Archived from the original on December 7, Retrieved June 19, Archived from the original on June 11, Archived from the original on March 30, Archived from the original on July 5, Archived from the original on May 21, Archived from the original on November 23, Archived from the original on November 11, Remorseless shooter is victim of his own hate".

Archived from the original on August 26, Archived from the original on April 1, Archived from the original on August 12, Retrieved August 12, Archived from the original on 12 August Retrieved 12 August Rees; Brown, Emma August 12, Hotel Bombings - mrlincolnandnewyork. Archived from the original on June 21, P's Hall Reading Eagle July 11, ". Archived from the original on May 14, Retrieved January 3, Archived from the original on November 10, Archived from the original on September 14, Charisma and Control in Rajneeshpuram.

Archived from the original on January 2, Archived from the original on January 24, Archived from the original on September 20, Archived from the original on April 30, Archived from the original on November 5, Archived from the original on January 28, Archived from the original on May 4, Joins Search for Times Sq. Archived from the original on August 4, Archived from the original on July 21, Archived from the original on May 25, News November 22, Archived from the original on October 16, Southern Poverty Law Center.

Retrieved December 29, Archived from the original on November 6, Archived from the original on January 11, Published January 9, Archived from the original on September 30, Archived from the original on June 27, Archived from the original on July 24, Archived from the original on November 12, Archived from the original on November 4, Archived from the original on May 20, Sulzberger June 29, Sulzberger August 2, Archived from the original on October 5, Alexander March 26, Archived from the original on January 31, Archived from the original on January 17, Archived from the original on May 27, Archived from the original on May 29, Archived from the original on July 11, Archived from the original on July 3, The Wall Street Journal.

Archived from the original on December 22, Archived from the original on April 16, Two bold documentaries expose FBI spying and entrapment". Archived from the original on July 19, Retrieved July 19, Sulzberger February 25, Archived from the original on December 29, Archived from the original on May 26, Archived from the original on May 16, Archived from the original on January 19, Who Is Mohamed Mohamud?

Archived from the original on January 4, Archived from the original on January 13, Archived from the original on June 24, Archived from the original on January 3, Archived from the original on October 1, Archived from the original on April 14, Archived from the original on June 28, Archived from the original on December 5, Archived from the original on December 11, Archived from the original on April 6, Archived from the original on November 28, Potential July 4 Terror Plots Disrupted".

Archived from the original on December 6, Archived from the original on July 1, Retrieved June 10, Police seize firearms and arrest two men who promised to 'kill the competition ' ". Archived from the original on August 24, Archived from the original on September 26, Two central Iowa men threatened the Pokemon World Championships". Inside the Kansas militia plot to ignite a religious war".

Archived from the original on February 17, Courts of appeals District courts Supreme Court. Ages of consent Capital punishment Crime incarceration Criticism of government Discrimination Ableism affirmative action antisemitism intersex rights Islamophobia LGBT rights racism same-sex marriage Drug policy Energy policy Environmental movement Gun politics Health care abortion health insurance hunger obesity smoking Human rights Immigration illegal International rankings National security Mass surveillance Terrorism Separation of church and state.

Dependencies and other territories. Retrieved from " https: Terrorism in the United States Lists of terrorist incidents by country Terrorism-related lists Terrorism by country. Webarchive template wayback links CS1 maint: Archived copy as title CS1: Julian—Gregorian uncertainty All articles with dead external links Articles with dead external links from December Articles with dead external links from June Articles with permanently dead external links Articles with dead external links from November CS1 maint: Views Read Edit View history.

In other projects Wikimedia Commons. This page was last edited on 2 October , at By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Terrorist groups Designated terrorist groups Charities accused of ties to terrorism. Adherents Violent non-state actors. Response to terrorism Counter-terrorism International conventions Anti-terrorism legislation Terrorism insurance. Gnadenhutten massacre — Pennsylvania militia round up and executed 96 unarmed pacifist Christian Delaware Lenape Indians, including 69 women and children, as revenge for raids against settlers carried out by other Indians as well as in expression of general animosity towards all Native Americans.

They then plundered and burned their village. Big Bottom massacre — In an attempt to drive settlers out of their land and possibly in some part driven by the earlier Gnadenhutten massacre of Lenape Indians , Lenape and Wyandot warriors went into a settlement of 36 White settlers on unclaimed land and killed 12 of them. Pigeon Roost Village, Northwest Territory. Pigeon Roost massacre — Near the onset of the war of , a war party of Shawnee Indians outfitted by the British made a surprise attack on Pigeon Roost village, killing 24 settlers.

Hillabee massacre — A day after the Hillabee Creeks had sued for peace, which was then granted by General Andrew Jackson, General William Cocke attacked and destroyed the Creek villages of Little Oakfusky and Genalga and then the main town of Hillabee.

Thinking they were at peace, the Indians were unprepared and gave little resistance. Chehaw Affair — During the First Seminole War, Captain Obed Wright and a band of volunteer Georgia militiamen, angered by recent attacks from the Phelemmes and the Hoppones, took out their anger on the friendly village of Chehaw, despite the insistence of the local fort commander that the people were peaceful.

Wright and his militia burned the village to the ground and claimed to have killed 40—50 warriors without suffering any casualties, though other accounts placed number of Chehaw residents killed at 5— Hillabee , Mexican Texas. Skull Creek massacre — After Coco Indians killed two colonists under unclear circumstances, the colonists got together twenty-five men and found a Karankawa village on Skull Creek.

They killed at least nineteen inhabitants of the village before the rest could flee, then stole their possessions and burned their homes to the ground. Galveston Bay , Mexican Texas. Dressing Point massacre — After a reported attack on two settler families, a band of White settlers went out looking for Indians and found a group of Coco Indians pinned against a river mouth.

When the Indians attempted to escape by swimming across the river, the settlers shot them as they swam, killing men, women, and children. Elijah Parish Lovejoy was killed by a pro-slavery mob while defending the site of his anti-slavery newspaper, The Saint Louis Observer. After some skirmishing, the Mormon Extermination Order was passed, and the murder of Mormons was legalized in the state of Missouri.

Eventually, Mormons were almost completely driven from the state of Missouri. Klamath County , Oregon. Sutter County , California. Sutter Buttes massacre — American expeditioners attacked a rancheria of Patwin Indians, killing several while the rest fled.

Kern and Sutter massacres — White American settlers and U. Army personal make a series of three attacks on local California Indians in an attempt to dissuade them from future raids.

Rancheria Tulea massacre — American slavers attack Rancheria Tulea in retaliation for the escape of Indian slaves. Mendocino County , California. Asbill massacre — Six Missouri explorers led by Pierce Asbill, upon learning that the newly discovered Round Valley which they coveted was populated by Indians, proceeded to kill approximately 40 of the Yuki with guns from horseback.

Lawrence , Kansas Territory. Congressman Preston Brooks of South Carolina famously assaulted Charles Sumner for an anti slavery speech and personal insults. Mountain Meadows , Utah Territory.

Mountain Meadows massacre — During the Utah War , Mormon militias, fueled by paranoia, attack the Baker—Fancher Party wagon train, killing everyone older than 7. The party's 17 very young children were kidnapped into Mormon families, and the party's property was auctioned off to the Mormon community. Mormons attempted unsuccessfully to blame the slaughter on Indians.

Some people were murdered in cold blood. Utah Territorial Militia and local Paiutes. Franklin County , Kansas Territory. Pottawatomie massacre — In response to the sacking of Lawrence, John Brown led a group of abolitionists to murder five Kansas settlers from Tennessee, whom he presumed to be pro-slavery.

Mendocino War — Anti-Indian band of mercenaries known as the "Eel River Rangers" kill Indians, as well as capturing , in 23 separate engagements meant to drive Indians out of Round Valley. Overall casualties may have been in excess of Indian Island Humboldt Bay , California. Becker, the driver of the car, deeply feels the sorrow of the fatal accident, and it is understood the parents have exonerated him from all blame in the matter.

The little fellow was about to cross the street from the Umbenhauer store where he had gone for a cone of ice cream. The store is but one hundred and fifty feet from his home. The driver of the automobile that struck the child extinguished the lights on the car and drove rapidly away.

An eyewitness to the accident, Attorney Vincent Dalton, quickly summoned the neighbors and the child was picked up by the frantic mother and carried into the home. Detweiler was summoned and gave first aid.

The child was unconscious and remained in that state until death. An examination at the hospital, to which institution he was removed Sunday morning, revealed a compound fracture of the skull and all hopes of his recovery were given up. It is understood, at this writing, clues being followed may lead to the arrest of the driver of the machine, a Ford runabout with a small truck body, before the week ends. The machine went north on Columbia Street. The funeral of the boy took place Wednesday afternoon.

Smoll conducted the services and C. Wagner was the funeral director. Beside the parents, four sisters and one brother survive, namely, Mrs. And just by the way, I understand that council proposes to run the station with an engineer and a boy to act as fireman.

The employees were very reticent when any questions were put to them, but after remaining for some time I came to the conclusion that two men experienced in machinery and firing would be necessary to run the station successfully. While there, they were compelled to shut down one engine on account of the packing in the cylinder having become loose. On several occasions I have heard it remarked by several citizens that the town was frequently without light, owing to the inexperienced persons employed at the station.

Not to flatter these men, but I believe they understood their business thoroughly and if our citizens would go to the station when the plant is in operation, they would be convinced that the blame cannot be placed on the employees. Upon inquiry, I learned that they are compelled to hunt up the members of the light committee to order their supplies. Some times the committee evidently fails to order them in time, coal, oil, etc, for instance and consequently the town is in darkness until the supplies arrive.

As council has elected a superintendent, all this could be avoided by giving that person the authority to order and place the station in his hands instead of the committee, who know nothing whatever about machinery.

Council is continually experimenting with coal, which is used for steam purposes. The citizens often wonder why it is that they have a poor light some nights. As the secret of successful electric lighting may be placed in keeping up regular steam, and as so many changes are made in the fuel by council, you will readily see that it is impossible for the fireman to know the nature of the coal and successfully keep up the required amount of steam.

I also noticed the absence of rubber matting at the dynamos, which are used as nonconductors and can always be seen in use at other stations. The station should also be supplied with a blower to keep up the fires, and the boilers should be cleaned out occasionally, which council refuses to do.

Dirty boilers often cause explosions. Another defect, and a most dangerous one I noticed, was the tremendous shaking of the building while the engines were working. I was informed that the foundations on which the engines are placed are not large enough. I think if council does not remedy this defect, our citizens should take the matter in hand before some fatal accident occurs. Anyone visiting the station will readily see the defects and the great danger the employees are placed in.

We give this to the public, in order that they may know the true state of affairs at the station. And, as council is failing in its duties, that the citizens may take the matter in hand. The trucks of the Headquarters Battery, with the Army truck and a Bittle and Confehr truck were held in readiness all night and when the wall broke families were removed to safety.

The water rose to such heights on James and Penn Streets that a boat had to be used to bring the residents to safety when the water rushed into the homes and flooded the first two stories. This section of the town is very low and has no protection against the river. Two residents refused to leave their homes and at nine o'clock the water around them was three feet deep. There was considerable damage to cellars and stocks of knitting mills and shoe factories were damaged; the Schuylkill haven Paper Box Company building was surrounded but the water did not quite reach the floor level.

All the woodwork on the bridge to the ball grounds was washed away and the river broke through the dike and flooded the diamond. The creek along Long Run Road overflowed the road into Schuylkill Mountain and all washeries along the Schuylkill were abandoned and several boats carried away. It is a well known fact that those saloon keepers sell on Sunday as well as on weekdays. All you have to do is go in the back way and you will get all the drink that you wish or desire.

This does not apply to all, but only to certain individuals. Let them take warning and stop this Sunday selling, for if they do not, their licenses will be broken. How can any man or woman who goes before the bar of justice and takes an oath that they will not sell drink on Sunday, allow it to be sold in their houses. If he is a man or a father of a family who sells drink, he conceals himself in this manner, he will not sell, but his wife or any other member of the family can sell all they have call for.

In this manner does a woman act. She takes an oath that she will not sell on Sunday, but her children or her relatives can sell all they have trade for. Such is the way in which saloon keepers trifle with justice in certain wards in Schuylkill Haven. Let this be the last warning for those persons, for the first one of them that is hereafter found out to sell on Sunday, either in the house or to have it carried out of the house, their license will be broken.

Let them dare not sell drink to minors at any time. The same thing can be applied to those who are living on the border of this borough. Let them beware; there is one watching them. During this time frame, the Call had an editorial section called, "The Chatterbox". This particular item deals with the timeless issue of loitering youth'. Many of them are from our best homes. The fathers of these young men, many of them at least are numbered among our best citizens. If their sow or their horse or even their favorite dog was away from home after dark they would be out on a search, but their own children can roam the town all night with apparently no effort being made to find them.

The boy seems to be turned loose at a tender age to wander at will into the paths of sin and vice and then we wonder where all our tramps and worthless specimens of humanity come from.

It is a regrettable fact that too many of them come from seed germinated in good homes and then sown in a careless manner upon our streets and back alleys. Reader, is your boy wasting his time upon our streets? If so had you not at least look after him as carefully at nightfall as you would your horse and cow.

We do not intimate that this evil exists to a greater extent in this community than in our sister towns but the evil seems universal and increases in magnitude as the years roll by. As he fell, he struck a number of beams and when the body reached the ground, blood was oozing from a number of injuries. He was picked up by fellow workmen and rushed to the hospital nearby and everything possible was done for him.

His skull was fractured, a number of bones broken and his body badly lacerated. He died at 5: Several days prior to the accident, he was struck by a heavy piece of metal and suffered a deep gash on his head which required eight stitches. Guy Baker, of town, was standing near the unfortunate man when he fell.

McFadden resided in Allentown. He is survived by the widow and four children. He was employed on the construction of the new County Insane Building and was wheeling a barrow of mortar on two planks across the iron girders of the second story.

The wheel of the barrow slipped between the planks and threw him to the basement of the building, a distance of thirty feet. In falling he struck the iron girders with his head and fell into a ditch, striking with a sickening thud a large pipe in the ditch. The wheelbarrow with its heavy load of mortar crashed on top of him. He sustained a crushed skull and a number of internal injuries.

Fellow workmen rushed to the scene and tenderly carried him to the County Hospital nearby. Gillette, the County Hospital physician, upon examination, saw at once that he could not survive. He died at 4: Both the boys father and mother are prostrated over the sudden death of the oldest of their children.

The body was removed to the sorrow stricken home, from whence the funeral will be held Sunday afternoon. The boy had been employed on this work for several weeks but Thursday was the first day he was put at work on the second story. He had previously been employed at the Walkin Shoe Factory and as barber for J. He was well known and liked by all.

The news of the accident was a shock to his many friends. The family has the sympathy of the community. During construction of what is now known as "The Building" at Rest Haven, two tragic deaths occurred. It has been said the building is haunted. Perhaps these two poor souls still walk the halls. The program of exercises were of a simple yet interesting nature. They were held in the chapel, second floor of the main building.

The room was far too small to accommodate the large audience that annoyance was caused by persons jamming their way into the room and in a short time pressing their way through the crowds again to get out. The program as given in these columns last week then followed. It was completed and brought to a close about 4: For hours prior to the exercises, during the same and until five o'clock, the entire building was inspected by thousands of persons.

The County Commissioners must be commended for the excellent arrangement and provision of the details for the handling of the visitors.

Attendants were stationed in many parts of the building and directed the public through the same, explained the different portions of it, various kinds of apparatus, etc. From all sides was heard expressions as to the wonderful building which has been erected, delightfully located, modernly equipped, conveniently and comfortably arranged in all its appointments and with a capacity to accommodate to patients.

Schuylkill County sure can be proud of one thing and that is that it possesses the most uptodate and thoroughly scientific institution for the care of the insane in the state. Judge Brumm in his address struck the keynote of the entire days program when he stated the cause, in his opinion, of the present number of insane and the rapid increase of the number, throughout the country was the cigarette.

He stated that he had ascertained to his complete satisfaction that there are more weak minded boys, more imbeciles, eventually lunatics, bred in this country of ours today from the effects of the cigarette then there is from the effect of alcoholic spirits.

He further stated that parents should see that their children are not permitted to use cigarettes. That during his career on the bench there has not been a single instance where he examined the fingers of boys and young men brought before him for trial that he did not find the stain on their fingers of the cigarette.

He said he hoped every man and woman would take some step to prevent the use of the cigarette and also to punish the villain guilty of selling them to their boys. Handsome souvenir booklets containing valuable information covering the new institution were given to all persons.

From the details at first obtainable the affair looked like a case of murder, but an investigation satisfied the Coroner that the child met death accidentally. The child was that of Theodore Warnisky. The father being in the county jail and the mother an inmate of the County Almshouse.

While out walking Friday afternoon with its mother it became lost. Search was made during Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Saturday afternoon one of the State Police made the discovery. The manhole in which the child was found is that leading to the steam pipeline between the power plant and the Insane Building. It is about ten feet deep and four feet square. The iron opening of the manhole is about twenty inches in diameter. A tin cup, such as is used at the institution, being used for soup, etc.

It is believed it belonged to the child and the child while playing near the manhole pushed it over and it dropped into the hole. The child in looking down at the cup, lost its balance and fell into the manhole.

A post mortem examination was made by Dr. The manhole being filled with steam pipes, the temperature was between and degrees and the child was suffocated and literally roasted to death as its little body was quite brown and shriveled. A feature that led one to believe that the child met with foul play was the fact that on Monday, June 29, the child was to be taken to a state home of children and it was thought the mother instead of caring to part with it, had caused its death.

Investigation by the coroner did not bring to light any evidence that would cast suspicion on the mother. The car was in charge of Roy Eiler. It was a machine, the property of Charles Michel and was being taken to the Losch garage for repairs.

The child was struck on the chest and shoulder by the guard of the machine and thrown against the fender, striking with his head. He was picked up in an unconscious condition. Eiler immediately summoned a physician. Both Doctors Gillette and Lessig arrived. An examination showed he sustained a fractured skull. Death occurred at 5: The youngster was a pupil of the second grade school of the South ward building, taught by Miss Carrie Rehrer.

He had just finished his dinner and was leaving home, walked through the yard to an alley at the rear of the house leading to Main Street. Bystanders state he was standing on the pavement near the skating rink facing west. Just as the auto came from the east, he without warning stepped into the street. Although it is stated the machine was going slow, the driver could not turn quick enough to avoid striking the child a sort of glancing blow.

The parents, although grief stricken over the sudden death of their son, feel the accident was an unavoidable one and do not hold the driver responsible. Besides the parents, two brothers, Elmer and Clarence survive. The deceased was in his eighth year. He would have been nine years of age on the twenty ninth of this month. He was a member of the Christ Lutheran Sunday School. The funeral will be held Sunday afternoon at the home of his parents. The accident occurred on Centre Avenue, a short distance above the home of was going north as was also a junk dealer who had an unhitched horse walking along the side of his wagon.

The auto was just about driving around the junk dealer's team when the boy on the bicycle came south. The driver stated his particular attention was called to him as he appeared to be very nervous or just learning how to ride. As he passed the machine the driver leaned from his car to see how he was afternoon about 4: He was shocked to see his body lying in the road.

The boy's front wheel evidently was Company of Pottsville. The accident occurred on Centre Avenue, a short distance above the home of Joseph Maberry. The boy was riding a bicycle and was coming south on Centre Avenue. The auto truck was dead when he was reached. The body was picked up and carried into the home of Joseph Maberry. The wheel of the machine passed over his forehead and diagonally across his face crushing the same.

There were but a few bruises on his body. Several hours were required before the identity of the young man was established. It appears the boy made his home with his uncle, a Mr.

Koch, residing on Caldwell Street. He had come to Schuylkill Haven but a few days previous to his death. His home is in Auburn. One brother residing in town also survives. The funeral will take place this afternoon at one o'clock with services at the Koch home and later in the Red Church. Bittle will be the funeral director.

Reed, who is well known here, made frequent visits to town and disposed of his farm produce to residents of Berne Street. The children frequently watched for him on particular days and hung on the machine. Reed had warned them repeatedly to discontinue their practice.

On Saturday when he was about to depart from in front of the Berger home, he ordered all of them off the truck and started the engine. Just as the machine began to move he heard a woman scream and looking around saw the girl Anna, the eight year old daughter of Mr. Warren Berger of North Berne Street, was run over and clinging to the side of the truck. He immediately stopped the car but too late as the clothing, having come in contact with the tires, the little body was drawn underneath the rear wheels.

The child was internally injured and bruised about the leg and neck. Reed has been absolved of all blame by the parents of the child. Needless to say, the Squire feels the result of the accident almost as keenly as the parents. Last year she was a pupil in Miss Raudenbush's school. Besides the parents, these brothers survive: Marlin, Donald and Arvil. The funeral was held Thursday afternoon with services at the late home by Reverend M.

Many bouquets of flowers were presented by friends and playmates of the deceased as well as the Sunday School. Bittle was the funeral director. Boussum met death as the result of being struck by an automobile driven by Walter Sheafer of Pottsville, going north on the avenue. Boussum was assisting some members of the Rainbow Hose Company to flush the debris and mud from Centre Avenue, which had been washed thereon by the heavy rains.

He was in the act of stooping down to take a kink from the fire hose when he was struck. He was dragged along the street about forty feet.

When picked up, life was extinct, as the back of his head had been crushed in. His face and front of his body was bruised and bleeding as a result of having been dragged.

His one leg was broken in two places. Tenderly he was carried to a nearby home and Dr. The doctor's examination merely confirmed his death. The autoists in the Buick touring owned and also operated by a Mr. Walters of Pottsville, were returning from the country club. It is alleged that the machine was traveling at a rapid rate. The driver continued toward Pottsville. Daniel Greenawald, who was on his way to the brick plant, witnessed the accident.

Turning around and noting that the other auto continued on, he hurried after him. Harry Sterner accompanied him and on the stretch between town and Seven Stars it is said it was necessary to drive sixty five miles an hour to overtake the other machine. Greenawald passed the auto and turned his car square across the road, narrowly escaping being run down. The blood was still noticeable on the fender of the car. The autoist was brought back to Schuylkill Haven.

A hearing was immediately before Squire W. The charge preferred was manslaughter. The driver stated he thought he had struck a post or several lines of hose. He was committed to jail without bail. The coroner's inquest will be held some time the coming week. William Boussum was a lifelong resident of the town and known to most every resident. He was forty five years of age. He, for many years, was employed at the P. He was a member of the Moose and the Rainbow Hose Company. In this latter organization he was one of the most indefatigable and most willing workers.

Regardless of the time or place of a fire, "Kutch" Boussum, as he was more familiarly known, was among the firemen. His death cast a deep veil of sorrow over the entire section of the community in which he resided. The news of his death was on the lips of everyone Sunday.

The deceased was of a jovial disposition, always full of life and sunshine and it was this happy temperament that made and retained his innumerable circle of friends. Besides the widow, three stepchildren survive. Also two sons, Thomas of Cressona and John of Pottsville. Also one sister, Mrs. Harry Maurey of Orwigsburg. The new ladies organization to which only wives and daughters of members of the Masonic Fraternity are eligible, will be known as Schuylkill Haven Chapter Number , Order of Eastern Star.

The institution was made possible by the presence of seventeen Grand Lodge officers who came from Pittsburgh, Hazleton and Wilkes Barre. The event took place in the Keystone Hall and lasted from about one o'clock until five. In addition to the local fifty chartered members of the order and the Grand Lodge officers, there were present members of the Eastern Star lodges from Pottsville, Minersville, Saint Clair, Tamaqua, Hazleton, Reading and Philadelphia. New paraphernalia had already been received by the local chapter and was used during the ceremonies.

Several hundred persons were present, all of whom were served refreshments following the lodge session. The Grand Lodge officers were met at the P. The new order is composed of some fifty charter members and has this same number of candidates for admittance to the lodge.

The complete list of officers installed is as follows: Gleockler; Worthy Patron, George M. Paxson; Associate Matron, Mrs. Frank Schumacher; Conductress, Mrs. John Berger; Associate Conductress, Mrs. Frank Reider; Treasurer, Mrs. Harry Quinter; Secretary, Mrs. George Berger; Marshal, Mrs. George Long; Points of the Star, Mrs. Charles Rickson; Sentinel, Mrs.

James Lengel; Warden, Mrs. It was attended by about two hundred and fifty citizens of the town who were invited by small cards handed to them personally several days before the meeting.

An address of over two hours length was delivered by the speaker of the evening. His first statements relieved the minds of many of his hearers when he remarked that the organization was not an Anti-Catholic, Anti-Negro or Anti-Jewish institution as has been charged. He explained at some length how the KKK had come to be thus charged. The speaker held the attention of the audience for almost the full two hour period by a most clear and concise explanation of the principles, aims, plans and workings of the order.

He explained why the gown and hood is worn by the members. The Ku Klux Klan, continued the speaker, has been unjustly charged with unpardonable conduct and crimes committed by unknown persons who have donned the somewhat peculiar shaped mask and gown worn by this organization. These acts are the results of personal grievances and the mask and gown is used by these unscrupulous persons to shield and protect their identity.

The KKK is unjustly blamed for many happenings of this nature. The Ku Klux Klan does not proceed in this manner. Not a hand is to be raised against or laid upon any individual in a harmful or injurious way. The speaker explained that if there is reason for improvement of conditions either of a personal or municipal and civic nature, warnings are first issued to persons concerned and if the result is not accomplished notices are then posted.

If there is no improvement the officials of the town or city are notified. If this does not produce the desired result, county officials are notified, then state officials and finally the National Organization.

It is also understood that following the meeting and during the week quite a few persons have signed allegiance to the Ku Klux Klan in this section, as a result of this open meeting conducted in no unusual way. The beacons, as we endeavored to describe in these columns months ago, are mounted on solid concrete foundations. A warning signal is flashed in four directions both day and night.

The signal light is mounted on top of an oblong box which contains the gas tank and machinery that operates the same. The four were placed on trial and are expected to assist in regulating traffic and preventing accidents.

A thirty day trial will be allowed and if the borough decides to retain them the cost will be in the neighborhood of two hundred dollars. The gas tanks are of a capacity sufficient to operate each light for six months as only a small amount of gas is consumed daily. Kline where it empties into the level. The body, that of a girl of about four months premature birth, was found at a point in the stream at the Pennsy Railroad arch.

The discovery was made by William Sattizahn who was assisting Mr. Kline in removing some of the debris from the channel of the stream. The body was found unclothed, there not being even a stitch of clothing or wrapping of any kind. The authorities were summoned and Deputy Coroner Heim made an examination and pronounced that the babe had not been in the water for a longer period than from Friday evening.

It was thought that it was hardly possible that the body was placed at the point where it was found but rather thrown into the stream at some point along its course. At this season of the year there is considerable current and the body could easily have washed down to the point where it was found.

Possibly if men had not been working in the vicinity on Saturday afternoon the body would in time have been washed into the river and the discovery never made. The body was taken to the morgue at the county institution and during the week it was ordered interred by Coroner Heim. The authorities are investigating the matter and may fix responsibility shortly.

William Berger of Liberty Street, standing at the rear of the lot with his mother, had waved goodbye to his granddaddy, Milton Berger, flagman on the Reading express Number 6, leaving here for Philadelphia Sunday morning at The child had been brought up to the house from the rear of the lot by the mother but walked around to the front.

As the mother was preparing for the noon day meal, his absence was not discovered for a few minutes. Upon the discovery, one of the members of the family was sent to the home of the grandparents a few doors away where the child frequently went. The child was not at the home of the grandparents. The little fellow had gone out front and into the yard of a neighbor, Schuyler Frehafer. At the end of the yard was a ditch or hole that was being prepared to be used as a cesspool.

The child wandered to this hole and on top of three or four feet of water the mother found the lifeless body. Rutter was summoned but found life extinct. Fegley of Tremont, County Coroner, made an examination of conditions on the premises where the drowning occurred and issued a death certificate of accidental drowning. The funeral of the child took place Wednesday afternoon at two o'clock.

Services were conducted by Dr. Noll at the home. Interment was made in Cressona. Bittle was funeral director. Besides the parents four children survive: Arlis aged seven, Milton Gerald aged six, Jean aged four and Lola an eight month old child. The deceased child was two years of age Thursday of last week. The little fellow was the pride of the home and much sympathy was extended to the parents and to the grandparents also in their bereavement. This article published in The Call on July 22, gives detailed information on the section of Schuylkill Haven known as "Spring Garden".

To explain what it is will require several paragraphs. To explain where it is may be difficult, nevertheless we will undertake to do so. Spring Garden is not a suburb of town but like several other names given to different sections of all big "cities", it is simply the title given years ago to that portion of the town located on the north of the central portion.

Just what portions of the northerly part of the town constitute Spring Garden have never been quite definitely determined, although it is generally conceded to include that portion of the North Ward beginning at Paxson Avenue and extending for some distance north and east. By some persons it is said Centre Avenue is the eastward boundary and this may be true as that section east of Centre Avenue has a name all its own, Nosedale or years ago generally called "Naussadahl".

Then again Spring Gardeners tell us it includes all of the North Ward. For chronological purposes therefore we will take it for granted that is exactly what it consists of; the entire North Ward. Well in the early history we understand, physically Spring Garden was a separate village from Schuylkill Haven. It was separated near Paxson Avenue by a huge swamp which in later years was filled in by the borough. Minutes of the town council years and years ago show that considerable filling had to be done at that point and at other places trees had to be cut down.

Spring Garden was the title early assigned to that particular section. Just why such a name was chosen, older residents do not seem to be with wooded hills, the river and several streams running through it.

Then too there was a spring on what is now Haven Street near the Pennsylvania Railroad station. A spring that has proven to be of a never failing supply and a spring whose water is always fresh and very cold and a wonderful thirst quencher.

The spring prior to the laying of water pipelines, supplied hundreds of families with water. It was a spot where housewives would meet during the day to greet one another or perhaps discuss some item of interest that occurred in this section.

It became a regular town square and folks gathered in that section and whiled away hours at a time. The spring today supplies many people with good fresh and cool water. As to its purity at this time we are not too certain. Several years ago a sample of the water tested by the State Health Department was not given a very satisfactory or clean bill. There are many prominent features in Spring Garden that can be enumerated to show or prove, "What it is" and therefore answer the first question in the article.

There are male taxpayers and female taxpayers in this ward. According to a report made by the Fire Chief of town on July 16, there are houses in the North Ward. This number it is thought has been somewhat increased since this date.

Spring Garden was years ago one of the busiest sections of the town. It was the seat of activity of the boating industry as the coal landings and docks were located in this ward. The coal was dumped from the mine cars to the waiting canal boats after being weighed. Many residents remember the busy center and importance this particular point held in the Schuylkill Canal boating.

Meet a girl, dating woman in Rajam at QuackQuack — Date single women seeking men, dating girls Rajam online at free dating site in Rajam. Free classified ads for Women Seeking Men and everything else in Pennsylvania . Find what you are looking for or create your own ad for free!. s of Pocono lake Women Dating Personals. Signup free and start meeting local Pocono lake Women on art-stroj.com™. Women Personals for Pocono lake, pennsylvania women seeking men blooming glen Women.